WHAT IS HOME HEALTH CARE?
Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Examples of skilled home health services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT FROM HOME HEALTH CARE?
- Doctor’s orders are needed to start care. Once your doctor refers you for home health services, the home health agency will schedule an appointment and come to your home to talk to you about your needs and ask you some questions about your health.
- The home health agency staff will also talk to your doctor about your care and keep your doctor updated about your progress.
- It’s important that home health staff see you as often as the doctor ordered.
Listed below is a range of services we provide, but not limited to:
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupation Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Home Health Aides
- Wound Care
- Care for New or Exacerbated Diagnoses
- Coordination of Medical Supplies
- Dehydration Awareness
- Foley Catheter Care
- Medication Management
- Pain Management
- Stroke Management
AREAS WE SERVICE
We service residents of the following counties:
- Dallas County
- Tarrant County
- Johnson County
- Collin County
- Kaufman County
- Rockwall County
- Denton County
- Ellis County
Copyright © 2018 Mediguard America, Inc.